Sunday, January 12, 2014

Homage to a Hell of a dame!

It was raining and it was an extremely cold night. I had landed on that song through some soundcloud suggestion and as her smiling, vicarious, and almost taunting voice rose through the silence, something rose within me.
'the magic in your black eyes'

In an instant, I was teleported to another time and place. In that place, I was a young boy who had just read The Procurator of Judea the night before and was wondering what 'their liquid eyes that shone in the shade' actually meant. The next evening when I was sitting in front of her, all of a sudden, some car came our way and the headlights of that car bathed her in a spotlight. And she looked at me, with no particular expression or thought.

And her black eyes shone in the dark against that light. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen in my life. It's funny how all of my friends never called or thought of her to be extremely beautiful. They called her cute or hot, and very attractive at best. And they are to an extent right as she doesn't have a hourglass figure or halo-ic skin glows or the imperious airs.

Between me sitting in my room listening to 'the magic in your black eyes', and me sitting in front of her having the first lapse of courage and intelligence of my life, there are nights, cities, several other girls, and emotions and states to which there is no end.

But she remains one of the most beautiful things I have seen or experienced in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Girl my body don't lie
    I'm outta my mind
    Let it rain over me
    I am rising so high
    Out of my mind
    So let it rain over me
    Ay ay ay
    Ay ay ay
    Let it rain over me
    Ay ay ay
    Ay ay ay
    Let it rain over me

    ReplyDelete